TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - It's already been voted into FAQ, but.....
People Seeking Info

Subject It's already been voted into FAQ, but.....

Posted by Woody75 (Denver) on November 10, 2010 at 12:07 PM
  This message has been viewed 1202 times.

In Reply To Thanks for voting this to FAQ everyone. posted by DVDBURN (MD) on November 10, 2010 at 06:42 AM

Message ...the more I think about it the more I do not like it from a mechanics pov. When a customer brings me their car, 99% of the time the first thing I do is hook up the laptop and pull the codes. With this mod the codes are gonna clear as soon as the car is shut off when they drop it off. This would require me to now go back out and drive the car around to hopefully get the codes to throw again. Intermittent codes would be nearly impossible to capture on a quick drive. And sometimes the car is towed to me due to something being broke making a drive not possible.

Same type of deal if you take it to a dealer. You drop it off and the codes clear. Dealer charges you to pull codes and such (which is a rip off already) and they find there are none. I can only think this will help to increase the amount of your bill by added time to now go drive the car, research, etc. And if they don't know about the mod they may never figure out why they never get any codes as I don't think they use a laptop while on the road like us home mechanics do.

While I like the idea and ease of it, I think I like/prefer the other method where you redo the wiring near the ecu. Or just get a newer harness :).

JackB nimble JackB quick JackB can suck my dick =P - james-lee 11/02/01
Arrogance is the #1 weapon against Supra Owners - MikeH 08/06/02
Dallas with a Z: I like the bulge dude 05/02/03
Bezbefootball: Does dick have anything for me? 10/21/03

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.